Monday, March 16, 2009

Paul's Journey

Feb. came and I was debating back and forth on whether I was going to talk about Heart Disease and how it affects my family. Being that this is my cake blog, I didn't feel it was the right venue to do so. Atleast that was the excuse I used. I don't feel emotionally ready to share our story but I did come across this blog and felt the need to atleast share with you HIS story. Paul references to many "oh so familiar" things to my family, but also allows the "average joe" a glimpse into what it's like to be THAT guy. I hope one day I will share with you what it's like to care for a child with CHD (Congenital Heart Disease) but until then, you can follow Paul and his journey of survival for Eden.

And in the spirit of Spring, I give you my #5...ANA VEA!!!

5 comments:

Sinai said...

Thanks for sharing Oto! I hope you share yours one day because it's something that needs to be heard and understood.

Seini Photography said...

Oto,
Although I only gather bits and pieces from you of what your daughter is battling, I just look up to you so much because I know it is not easy. Your faith speaks wonders whether you realize it or not, and I too hope someday you will feel confident to share your daughters story. I think it will come in due time but will definitely educate many and teach so many how valuable life is. Whenever I order cakes from you that is the first thing that comes to my mind. I love that your business has grown out of the love you have for this hobby but more importantly the love that you have for your daughter and family.

Seini Photography said...

Oto,
I too hope you will share one day your story. Your a great mother of faith and I totally respect that. I also love the fact that your business here has grown out of the love that you have for your daughter and family. Whenever I make a purchase from you, that is the first thing that comes to my mind - your daughter and what she is going through right now. Moreso, knowing that I can support you in that endeavor makes your cake so much more meaningful. Thanks for all you do! Much luv:)

Seini Photography said...

Kay Oto, for some reason when I first posted it didn't show so I rewrote another post and I'm just seeing today that they both posted...sorry!

Anonymous said...

Ana was so cute last night...she's a doll! It was nice to see her having fun although we know she's not out of the woods yet. You're an AMAZING mom - Thanks for being such a great example!

Post a Comment