Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Strep, Sinuses and Single Ladies...

For the past 3 weeks, my family and I have been battling colds, strep and sinus issues. YUCK!!! But we're all still ALIVE and back on track.


Two weeks ago, the Branch (LDS church) that I attend had a birthday celebration for the Relief Society. I was commissioned (and that's a nice way of putting it) to provide the cake (Thanks MOM!)... and this is what it turned out to be.



I did everything the day of and didn't care how it was going to come out. Lesson learned for me...I felt absolutely stupid after delivering the cake to such a awesome set-up done by Taiana Tuitahi, Gina Schaumkel and their beautiful Mom, Toilose Liava'a.















Yeah, sucks for me...I care now but too late. Sick + burnt out still does not = half "a" effort. I do have to say that I enjoyed the only workshop that I was able to catch which was taught by Lei Fotu.... loved loved loved it!!!! Thank you to everyone who helped out and most of all to my fellow single moms of the night.



3 moms, 18 kids and -3 husbands...don't ask!

4 comments:

pwincessdi said...

w0w y0u're relief s0ciety did a really really g00d j0b! i l0ve all the dec0r. And y0ur cake l00ks abs0lutely beautiful!! h0w much are 0ne 0f your cakes? y0u d0 awes0me w0rk!!!

Elvina said...

I'm laughing at the -3 husbands....hahahaha, mainly because of mine...hahahahaha! Oto your cake was waaaaaay yummy...perfect sweetness and nice and moist! Thanks for sharing ur thoughts on that night in this blog. Can't wait to see what u come up with for Edna's bday cake!

Anonymous said...

Oto dear, your cake was fabulous! And so is this post! Can't wait for Edna's cake tomorrow...she's WAY EXCITED! Can't thank you enough :)

Lisa said...

Gosh oto looks good to me. Only a perfectionist could notice.Making me hungry for cake...lol.

Post a Comment