Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sugar Plum Photography...

I was asked by one of my regular clients (who am I kidding, I only have one...SHOUT OUT- Seini Pahulu!!!) to make a custom carved cake. I absolutely loved the idea but expectations were way low. Low as in I already was embarrassed by the outcome of the cake but I hadn't even whipped the buttercream for it yet. For those of you who have carved cakes before, you already know the nightmare of the cake crumbing. Filled, stacked, frove, carved, frove again and then crumb coated. IT WORKED!!!!! Ok, now fondant. Fondant? How am I gonna fondant this one without it tearing in every corner? Good thing I had penty of fondant to work with cause I just might have to use it all. Fondant went better than expected. Detailed and colored and VOILA...more than pleased...actaully, soooooo excited I took pictures. I'm sure the camera was staring at my $5 camera saying "OH PLEASE, I could take a better picture than you". I don't doubt it either....**sad, I need a new camera!



*I've come across many local photographers and wanted to share their blogspots with you... Omi Masina, Maele Vaitai (she's not local NOW, but will always be a PROVO girl!), Sila Falatea, Maka Aulava, Seini Pahulu and Kayleen T. ...CHECK THEM OUT!!!!


** I just realized a day later of my FOB-OUT and my biggest FOB-OUT teaser (DH) read the post already but didn't catch. So I realized that many of you did the same. Just thought that it was cake terminology, huh? I won't change it up on top cause FOB-OUT's are HILARIOUS but I will "edit" it here. FROVED= FROZED= FREEZED....and that's what I meant to say...hahahahaha!

***Sorry FOB-OUT #2...changed the name Mark to MAKA. Thanks Neighbor Niki!

8 comments:

Kayleen Taulanga said...

Wow, that is so realistic! Thanks so much for the shout out!

Kiki Fangupo said...

That cake turned out AWESOME!! great job!!

Unknown said...

Great job neighbor!! This cake looks wonderful!

Sinai said...

Great cake!

Seini Photography said...

Oto, you so rock and I will be calling you for my next order at the end of the month. I was blown away at all the details and just how realistic the cake was..even the recipient of the cake was dying at the details and was in awe....I wanted to call you or text you afterwards but my phone decided to grow legs and has been missing since Friday, so sorry for the slight delay. You are my #1 cake artist, and I've always trusted in your abilities, creativity, and passion for designing cakes. Loved the 3x, kz I can't afford that, but at least I can afford the replica which was bigger, sweeter, and better anyways:) Much luv girl and keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great job! Very impressive! The recipient must've been floored!

ma'elePHOTO said...

You are so awesome... I JUST came across this blog post. You are so sweet!! and the numero uno baker I know. Wishing YOU were local so that we could taste your DIVINE creations. I love this cake!!! Awesome job!!!!

Maka said...

That is the coolest cake I've ever seen! Great job. I may have a client for you. Do you do wedding cakes too?

Post a Comment