Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tukuafu/ Tuifua Wedding

I had the opportunity to work on the wedding cake for the Bride, Sela. How this all came about is not your typical wedding cake consultation scenario. Hilarious because I didn't meet the bride till 3 wks. before the wedding even though the cake design had already been chosen (which is not your typical wedding consultation) but hey, no discrimination here at Sugar Plum Cakes. So after meeting with the bride and a few of her family members we finalized the wedding cake. 5 tiers and 4 satellite cakes were to make up this 56" tall (including the table) cake. Top two tiers were strawberry cake with coconut filling. The four satellite cakes were milk chocolate cake with coconut filling and the bottom 3 tiers of the wedding cake were....well, they were their money saving tips and tricks that I offered as another option to achieve the look that they wanted...which was GRAND. The bottom three tiers of the main cake were fondant covered filler cakes. It helps with height for grand wedding cakes but does not tack on the 'GRAND' price tag. There you have it, the cake of the week......





Thank you Sela and Ezra for allowing me to be apart of your day. Also to Jr. Finau and Pinomi for bringing much laughter to the Tuiaki household!

8 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

gorgeous cake WOW!!! ur amazing

Morena said...

OMG I didn't know you made the cake OTO absolutely beautiful.

Sinai said...

I should have figured you made the cake. I thought I saw you there. And here I was thinking Pinomi made the cake! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted good too! I had the strawberry one.

ats said...

Simply beautiful!!! Your a WONDER WORKER!!! ;)

VEEYAH said...

Oto!! I love it! Reading about this cake just makes my mouth water...HOLY MOLY!! You are AMAZING!

Oto said...

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I was pretty WOW'd by the idea of the cake. But after setting the cake and stepping back...I absolutely loved it.

Sinai- Pinomi....Hilarious! Yeah, I found out with our 2nd visit that he/ she also does cakes.

Sinai said...

I only thought he made it 'cause he was sitting right there by it like he did. And then when they were giving 'em away, he was the one doing it...so that's why. Beautiful work!!!

Unknown said...

fabulous cake, Oto!!

Post a Comment