Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thrifty Thursday...

So I've decided to title my days and share tips and tricks of the trade. So, just like the title says...here is a 'tool' that I use that cost me pennies compared to its manufactured brand name twin. Also, if you have any questions, please submit them to the email address provided and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Wilton has a fondant roller that is normally priced for around $20 bucks (and I rarely ever have that kind of money)...



But here is my version that cost me a little less than $3....yes $3!!!!



That is a PVC pipe ya'll! I went to Home Depot and selected a 1 1/4" in diameter PVC pipe. They usually are 10' long. I had the helpful helper man cut it into 3's for me (which is free) and I walked out of there with 3 fondant rollers for $3 dollars. Just make sure you wash well and dry them standing up. The weight of the PVC pipe is a plus and I've never complained once about having troubles with rolling out my fondant.

If any of you have any tips or trick to share...please do! Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment